[ NNSquad ] Re: FW: [ga] the future .. DNS National Security and the ICANN clowns

	The DNS is fracturing. It's been hijacked. Root server "I" in
	Beijing looks like it's still offline as ICANN remains silent
	on a national security issue - or should we call it a scandal?
	Washington is a buzz in DNS these days - no one knows whats
	going on and Beckstrom is busy answering questions.

ICANN remaining silent is hardly surprising.

	When the Peoples Republic of China accidentally or
	intentionally hijacks the State of California expect some
	attention.

Yes, and neither DNSSEC nor DNScurve would likely have addressed this
(if you can't trust the root servers, you may as well give up). As I
understand, it was a routing issue.

	We need a better solution then ICANN. The world has become a
	very insecure place overnight. Now that this attack vector is
	known expect it to be exploited. DNSSEC will not save the
	day. It will simply provide another path to exploit.

While we may very well need a better solution, this particular problem
isn't a DNSSEC vs. DNScurve issue.

Craig