[ NNSquad ] Yes, I'm serious about Win 7

Several persons have already asked me if I was being on the level when
I said (in my prior message) that Win 7 can outperform XP on the same
hardware.  I want to be very clear about this.

Yes, this is definitely the case from what I've seen, though I have
not been collecting formal metrics.  However, it is very important
that the hardware be suitable.  With a slow CPU and limited memory,
you may still be able to run Win 7, but performance will likely
be pretty bad.

Any machine that was already configured for Vista should be able
to go smoothly to Win 7 (even as an in-place upgrade) and you'll
never look back.

A well configured machine that ran XP with, say, a gig of memory and
30 or 40 GB disk may do very well with Win 7 (even though going from
XP to Win 7 requires a clean install).

While most of my user apps and 100% of my servers (including Web,
MTAs, databases, etc.) are Linux based, I do still need to run some
key Windows apps (particularly for audio and video
editing/processing), so I do maintain some Windows desktop
environments.  I am definitely not kidding when I say that Windows 7
has been a notable improvement over Vista and XP on those machines.

And I'm still waiting for someone to point out the bug that I threw
into the "leaked source code" in my previous message.  C'mon, I
thought that was an easy one!