[ NNSquad ] Alcatel-Lucent demonstrates 300Mbps over copper at 400 meters (in the lab) [sort of]

Alcatel-Lucent demonstrates 300Mbps over copper at 400 meters (in the lab) [sort of]

http://bit.ly/ceAaL2  (Network World)

Two particularly interesting points:

1) To do this, they're using *two* bonded copper pairs -- so I'd assert
   that their original headline is more than a bit misleading.

2) There's a quote by A-L's director of product marketing that (in his
   opinion, presumably) in 15 to 20 years "all homes" will have fiber.
   Hmmm.  I'm not sure I'd want to bet the farm on that one.