From: nnsquad-bounces+george_ou=lanarchitect.net@nnsquad.org
[mailto:nnsquad-bounces+george_ou=lanarchitect.net@nnsquad.org] On Behalf Of
Lauren Weinstein
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:40 AM
To: nnsquad@nnsquad.org
Subject: [ NNSquad ] Battle over FCC and Public Safety Networks/Broadband
Spectrum

Battle over FCC and Public Safety Networks/Broadband Spectrum

http://bit.ly/bRMyj4  (AP / cfnews13)

I'm not an expert in the public safety arena, but my gut feeling
is that putting so many public safety communications eggs in the
basket of the commercial carriers is potentially a very bad idea.

While better interoperability is of course very much needed, I would
prefer to see public safety communications largely (though obviously
not completely) separated from the commercial carriers'
networks and facilities, at least to a significant extent.