[ NNSquad ] Re: "There is no Plan B: why the IPv4-to-IPv6 transition will be ugly"

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Lauren Weinstein <lauren@vortex.com> wrote:

> "There is no Plan B: why the IPv4-to-IPv6 transition will be ugly"
>
> http://bit.ly/di3dDm  (ars technica)
>
> Before I chime in on this, anybody want to address [no pun intended]
> any of the various assertions in this article?

While I know Iljitsch (who is a really smart guy BTW) I doubt this assertion:

"But all of this rapid progress is going to slow in the next few years."

This is also a bit of hyperbole:

"The internet will soon be sailing in very rough seas, as it's about
to run out of addresses, needing to be gutted and reconfigured for
continued growth"

"Reconfigured", certainly, "gutted" probably not.

--
Cheers,

McTim