[ NNSquad ] Re: Internet Becomes Weapon in Fox-Cablevision Fight

On 10/20/10 7:48 AM, Bob Frankston wrote:
What about services like (I think) ESPN360 which only allows access to some
of their services by customers for cooperating cable companies? Is this
"allow in" approach significantly different than Fox's approach.

I think it is different. ESPN360 has been a "paid" service all along, but Hulu was promoted as free and available to the general (USA) public; blocking some people later (who may even be paying for Fox through OTA or satellite) is a bait-and-switch. IMO there's nothing wrong with the ESPN360/HBO approach as long as they're upfront about it. (I don't *like* the ESPN360/HBO approach, but that's my problem.)

Wes Felter