[ NNSquad ] Re: Ars technica on BGP concerns

Bob's more or less right, except for the SS7 dig. BGP was designed in a big hurry, to keep the Internet going post-NSFNET shutdown. It's one of those things that was supposed to be improved later, and never was. Its biggest problem is that it has to route IP addresses, which aren't what they should be; like the URL, the IP address isn't an identifier, its a locator. It was a bad move to put a locator that high in the protocol stack.