[ NNSquad ] AT&T imposing DSL and U-verse bandwidth caps, fees for "excess" use

AT&T imposing DSL and U-verse bandwidth caps, fees for "excess" use

http://j.mp/esGMKS  (Engadget)

"AT&T U-Verse TV service won't count towards the GB cap"

Translation: Screw you, Netflix!

"Less than 2 percent of our Internet customers could be
impacted by this approach"

Of course, that assumes no increase in usage, which assumes
the predicted increases in video streaming don't come to pass.
But then, the incentive here is clear -- don't watch
or use competing Internet services that count against the cap,
get U-verse and watch AT&T video services and your usage won't
apply against the cap!

===> We control the pipe.  We win.  Thank you for using AT&T. <===

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google Buzz: http://j.mp/laurenbuzz
Quora: http://www.quora.com/Lauren-Weinstein