[ NNSquad ] LightSquared exec says GPS issue will be resolved within a month

LightSquared exec says GPS issue will be resolved within a month

http://j.mp/oodUHD  (Fierce Wireless)

    "A LightSquared executive told attendees at the Mobile Future Forward
     conference here that he expects that there will be a resolution to the
     company's GPS interference issues within a month. "We are at the end
     of the process and we expect the FCC to make a decision," said Martin
     Harriman, executive vice president at LightSquared, a wholesale LTE
     provider. "We have made some big concessions ... Sprint wouldn't sign
     this big deal if it didn't expect it to be resolved. I expect there to
     be a resolution in the next month."
     Under the latest version, LightSquared still plans to use the lower 10
     MHz chunk of its L-Band spectrum, but will now limit the power of its
     base stations on the ground to -30dBm when it launches its network.
     In addition to the change in power, LightSquared also proposed a
     solution for satellite-augmented GPS, which is used for precision GPS
     devices from companies such as Trimble and John Deere. LightSquared
     suggested permanently using a 4 MHz chunk of spectrum for those
     services which will provide them with a stable satellite signal. That
     proposal will give LightSquared time to develop a filtering solution
     for precision GPS receivers, and the company is looking at antenna
     replacement or a module modification for legacy precision GPS
     receivers."

 - - -

I'll believe it when I see it.