[ NNSquad ] Massive Security Vulnerability In HTC Android Devices Exposes Much

Massive Security Vulnerability In HTC Android Devices Exposes Much

http://j.mp/oqmudY  (Android Police)

   "In recent updates to some of its devices, HTC introduces a suite of
    logging tools that collected information. Lots of information. LOTS.
    Whatever the reason was, whether for better understanding problems on
    users' devices, easier remote analysis, corporate evilness - it
    doesn't matter. If you, as a company, plant these information
    collectors on a device, you better be DAMN sure the information they
    collect is secured and only available to privileged services or the
    user, after opting in.  That is not the case. What Trevor found is
    only the tip of the iceberg - we are all still digging deeper - but
    currently any app on affected devices that requests a single
    android.permission.INTERNET (which is normal for any app that connects
    to the web or shows ads) can get its hands on ..."

 - - -

I run rooted CyanogenMod, which is not affected by this. You should
too, if possible, for a variety of reasons.

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren