[ NNSquad ] iphone 5 and sprint - betting the farm - WSJ

Article worth reading, IMHO.

Phones *could* be open...cough, cough.

US should just stop subsidizing phones.  One has ZERO incentive to
keep using a phone after its contract ends, no matter how useful it
may remain.  One doesn't get a discount.  What an environmental waste,
and racket.

(This is beyond my personal gripe at an iPhone turning into an iBrick
after *legally* using it as a iPod after finishing my US carrier
obligations and taking it with me abroad - had to get an AT&T SIM
couriered to me courtesy of a friend...)

Rahul

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203405504576603053795839250.html