[ NNSquad ] Computer Science Titan Dennis Ritchie dead at 70

Computer Science Titan Dennis Ritchie dead at 70

http://j.mp/o3xgWh  (Google+)

Dennis Ritchie has died after a long illness. He was only 70. I've
known him since the earliest UNIX days at Bell Labs. I can't even
begin to explain his contributions to computer science and these
systems you're using right now (co-creating UNIX, inventing the C
Language, on and on).  A news story on his death is here:

http://j.mp/rsXTLA  (Vermont Public Radio)

Below I've included a video in my collection that shows him discussing
UNIX along with co-creator Ken Thompson at the Labs many years ago.
That's Dennis in the video thumbnail. An enormous loss. That's really
all I can say right now.

http://j.mp/g5aahn  (YouTube)

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren