[ NNSquad ] Adobe flash design would let authorities order Adobe to turn on your mic/camera remotely

Adobe flash design would let authorities order Adobe to turn on your mic/camera remotely

http://j.mp/pmyAJI  (CirleID / Steven Bellovin)

    "From a technical perspective, it's simply wrong for a design to
     outsource a critical access control decision to a third party. My
     computer should decide what sites can turn on my camera and
     microphone, not one of Adobe's servers.  The policy side is even
     worse. What if the FBI wanted to bug you? Could they get a court order
     compelling Adobe to make an access control decision that would turn on
     your microphone?"

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren