[ NNSquad ] Vint Cerf: The government is going overboard in Internet copyright control

Vint Cerf: The government is going overboard in Internet copyright control

http://j.mp/vwooUt  (VentureBeat)

   "When asked what he would tell the developer of the Next Big Thing, the
    technology that could replace the Internet, Cerf said, "Shoot the
    patent lawyer."  The room, which was full of chief information
    officers for large, proprietary companies, burst into both laughter
    and applause.  Cerf continued, "Bob [Kahn] and I knew we could not
    succeed if we tried to protect the Internet's design. As it turns out
    that worked out really well, and I think that's still pretty good
    advice."  Cerf also spoke out against the Department of Homeland
    Security's recent seizures of websites, such as last year's seizure of
    scores of music sites and communities for copyright violations, which
    he called "a blunt instrument that can and should be exercised much
    more carefully."

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren