[ NNSquad ] First posting in the new Google "Policy by the Numbers" Blog (by Vint Cerf)

First posting in the new Google "Policy by the Numbers" Blog (by Vint Cerf)

"Why data matters for public policy"

http://j.mp/ucuW0U  (Google - Policy by the Numbers)

   "As a computer scientist and engineer, I've always been fascinated by
    the process that determines how policies and institutions are created.
    Unlike computing systems, policymaking is anything but binary. An
    unpredictable combination of special interests, money, hot topics,
    loyalties and many other factors shape legislation that passes into
    law.  Now, more than ever, we need to use data to build sound policy
    frameworks that facilitate innovative breakthroughs. In order to
    inspire confidence in the future (and the markets), governments have
    to lead by using today's facts to place big bets on-not against-a
    better tomorrow."

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren