[ NNSquad ] "A Telephonic Conversation"

"A Telephonic Conversation"

http://j.mp/zKrle6  (Atlantic)

   "I consider that a conversation by telephone-when you are simply
    sitting by and not taking any part in that conversation-is one of the
    solemnest curiosities of this modern life. Yesterday I was writing a
    deep article on a sublime philosophical subject while such a
    conversation was going on in the room. I notice that one can always
    write best when somebody is talking through a telephone close by.
    Well, the thing began in this way."

    -- Mark Twain, June 1880 - "Atlantic Magazine"