[ NNSquad ] Re: Appeals court revives billion dollar lawsuit against YouTube by Viacom

On 4/5/2012 10:55 AM, Lauren Weinstein wrote:

> Appeals court revives billion dollar lawsuit against YouTube by Viacom
>
> http://j.mp/Hpm9iS  (New York Times)
>
>     "A U.S. appeals court has revived lawsuits by Viacom Inc, the English
>      Premier League, and various film studios and television networks
>      accusing Google Inc of allowing copyrighted videos on its YouTube
>      service without permission."
>
> One irony here is that Viacom was apparently actively posting its own
> copyrighted videos on YouTube under fake identities -- to try garner
> "viral" publicity for those videos -- during the period in question.

Another irony -- Paramount just licensed 500 movies to Google:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-google-license-deal-307472

Sue your customers and distribution partners -- I guess that is how one
negotiates prices.

Larry