[ NNSquad ] Why the new domain-name lottery is a train wreck

Why the new domain-name lottery is a train wreck

http://j.mp/LU6qI1  (Gigaom)

   "Do we really need addresses that end in .beer or .movie? ICANN seems
    to think that we do, and the lottery to determine which ones are
    ultimately accepted got under way on Wednesday. The agency seems to
    think this will increase competition, but it seems more likely to
    cause unnecessary chaos and upheaval."