[ NNSquad ] Re: Feds Tell Megaupload Users to Forget About Their Data (+ mycomments) (Lauren Weinstein)

There is indeed a difference between "banks" and megaupload, slightly different than the one you suggest.

Banks and their friends pretty much control the US political system - look at how many financial services promoters serve/d in high places in the last 3 Presidents' administrations.  Who is put in regulatory positions over banks, but former and future banking execs?

As people in DC always suggest to me when I say that many interests are not represented in DC, it would really help companies like MegaUpload to pay for lobbyists and contribute to both Republicans and Democrats.

If you don't pay to play, you won't play.