[ NNSquad ] Broadband speeds outpacing demand

Broadband speeds outpacing demand

http://j.mp/Mr4g2q  (Boston Globe)

  "Over the past five years, Daniel Sofer has signed up for every boost
   in Internet speed offered by Verizon Communications Inc., his home
   service provider.  But when he got Verizon's newest high-speed
   service, it was "the first time I'm not feeling that thrill of
   exhilaration when I connect," said Sofer, a photographer and website
   designer in Hermosa Beach, Calif. The problem: The extra speed made no
   difference."

  - - -

And of course, many people run routers that top out in practice at
50 Mb/s or less, despite the common 100 Mb/s theoretical max.