[ NNSquad ] Author tries to correct Wikipedia error about his own work -- Wikipedia tells him to take a hike

Author tries to correct Wikipedia error about his own work --
Wikipedia tells him to take a hike

http://j.mp/RU6UPR  (New Yorker)

    I am Philip Roth. I had reason recently to read for the first time the
    Wikipedia entry discussing my novel "The Human Stain." The entry
    contains a serious misstatement that I would like to ask to have
    removed. This item entered Wikipedia not from the world of
    truthfulness but from the babble of literary gossip-there is no truth
    in it at all.  Yet when, through an official interlocutor, I recently
    petitioned Wikipedia to delete this misstatement, along with two
    others, my interlocutor was told by the "English Wikipedia
    Administrator"-in a letter dated August 25th and addressed to my
    interlocutor-that I, Roth, was not a credible source: "I understand
    your point that the author is the greatest authority on their own
    work," writes the Wikipedia Administrator-"but we require secondary
    sources."

 - - - -

Someone please explain to me who the hell can possibly be a "secondary source"
for an author's own stated motivations?  Insanity.