[ NNSquad ] Re: Network Solutions Charging Credit Cards Without Permission

----- Forwarded message from Tilghman Lesher <tilghman@meg.abyt.es> -----

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:56:33 -0500
From: Tilghman Lesher <tilghman@meg.abyt.es>
Subject: Re: [ NNSquad ] Network Solutions Charging Credit Cards Without
	Permission
To: Lauren Weinstein <privacy@vortex.com>

Anytime this happens to me, I call the credit card company and have
them reverse the charge, which ends up costs the merchant a pretty
penny.  If everybody started doing that, it raise chargebacks above a
threshold (usually 5%) for the merchant, and they'd lose their
preferred rate.  This is supposed to be what prevents merchants from
doing things like this, which is why I have no compunction whatsoever
about doing it to a merchant.  The OP would do well to call their
credit card company and have ALL of the charges reversed.

-Tilghman