[ NNSquad ] [IP] Mark Crispin

Mark is a friend going back to early ARPANET days.  That's about all I
can say right now.

  ----- Forwarded message from "DAVID J. FARBER" <farber@gmail.com> -----

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:11:56 -0500
From: "DAVID J. FARBER" <farber@gmail.com>
Subject: [IP] Mark Crispin
To: ip <ip@listbox.com>

	• From: Barry Leiba <barryleiba at computer.org>
	• To: imap5 at ietf.org, imapext at ietf.org, imap-protocol at u.washington.edu, imap-use at u.washington.edu
	• Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:44:51 -0500

Everyone here knows Mark Crispin -- or at least knows who he is: Mark
is the author of the original IMAP specification, and has taken it
through its different versions to the present IMAP4rev1. He's written
reference implementations of both server and client, and has been a
vocal participant on all the mailing lists I'm posting this to.  I'm
sad to have to report that Mark is now terminally ill, and is in
hospice care.

For now, at least, I'm told that Mark is at least somewhat aware. If
 anyone has brief well-wishing messages they'd like to send him,
 please post them to the <imap5 at ietf.org> mailing list, and I'll
 forward them to Mark's long-term companion, Annie. I will also post
 updates to that list as I get them ]

Barry Leiba