[ NNSquad ] Marking the birth of the modern-day Internet

Marking the birth of the modern-day Internet

http://j.mp/Vp7SqJ  (Official Google Blog)

    Today is the 30th birthday of the modern-day Internet. Five years ago
    we marked the occasion with a doodle. This year we invited Vint Cerf
    to tell the story. Vint is widely regarded as one of the fathers of
    the Internet for his contributions to shaping the Internet's
    architecture, including co-designing the TCP/IP protocol. Today he
    works with Google to promote and protect the Internet. -Ed.

    "A long time ago, my colleagues and I became part of a great adventure,
     teamed with a small band of scientists and technologists in the U.S.
     and elsewhere. For me, it began in 1969, when the potential of packet
     switching communication was operationally tested in the grand ARPANET
     experiment by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
     (DARPA) ..."