[ NNSquad ] Google announces Android Chrome data compression proxy

Google announces Android Chrome data compression proxy

http://j.mp/WHJfpo  (Google)

   "The latest Chrome Beta for Android includes an experimental feature to
    reduce cellular data usage and speed up mobile web browsing, using
    proxy servers hosted at Google to optimize website content.  In our
    internal testing, this feature has been shown to reduce data usage by
    50% and speed up page load times on cellular networks! To enable it,
    visit chrome://flags in your browser and select "Enable Data
    Compression Proxy" - easy as that.  The core optimizations, which
    allow us to reduce overall data usage and speed up the page load
    times, are performed by Google servers. When the Data Compression
    Proxy feature is enabled, Chrome mobile opens a dedicated SPDY
    connection between your phone and one of the optimization servers
    running in Google's datacenters and relays all HTTP requests over this
    connection."

 - - -

The proxy specifically does not affect SSL (https:) requests.
However, I have not yet seen a statement regarding the specific
privacy policy terms associated with use of the proxy, particularly in
terms of any page data caching, website browsing history, logging, or
associated data retention issues, and I'm working to obtain that
information now.