[ NNSquad ] Convicted U.S. spy Christopher Boyce: 'Snowden is doomed'

Convicted U.S. spy Christopher Boyce: 'Snowden is doomed'

http://j.mp/144puww  (CNN)

    While 35 years separate his ill-starred foray into espionage and
    Snowden's decision to reveal the secret surveillance plans of the
    National Security Agency (NSA), Boyce told CNN he has a good idea what
    Snowden might be going through.  "I feel for the guy, and for what his
    life is going to become. I pity him," Boyce said.  "He's in for a
    world of hurt, for the rest of his life. I feel sorry for him. He's
    going to go through life not being able to trust anybody. And I think
    that in the end, it'll end badly for him -- one way or another,
    they'll get their hands on him. He's going to pay for it. He's
    doomed."  In one of only a handful of interviews Boyce has given since
    his arrest in 1977, he told CNN this week about his own motivations
    three decades ago and what Snowden is likely to face psychologically
    now he is pitted against the world's most powerful secret service.