[ NNSquad ] Report is critical of Silicon Valley lobbying (I disagree)

Report is critical of Silicon Valley lobbying (I disagree)

"Report: Silicon Valley spending big bucks on lobbyists"

http://j.mp/1b7DNpd  (Daily Caller)

   "The Washington-based Mercatus Center released a report on Monday
    exposing a sharp increase in the amount of money computer and internet
    companies spend wooing politicians and regulators."

The actual report: http://j.mp/14NEWgS  (Mercatus / PDF)

- - -

This report is overall highly critical of Silicon Valley spending on
lobbying (not surprising considering its right wing source and title).
I find that I'm quoted more extensively in the actual report (via a
blog posting) as a counter example, justifying the need for such
lobbying to promote Internet freedoms and avoid being crushed by our
adversaries on these issues who have long played the Washington game
including lobbying. I happily stand by that quoted statement.