[ NNSquad ] Verizon exec slams Google, Microsoft, Yahoo for NSA lawsuit grandstanding

Verizon exec slams Google, Microsoft, Yahoo for NSA lawsuit
grandstanding

http://j.mp/189HlnO  (ZDNET)

     In a media briefing in Tokyo, Stratton, the former chief operating
     officer of Verizon Wireless, said the company is "compelled" to abide
     by the law in each country that it operates in, and accused companies
     such as Microsoft, Google, and Yahoo of playing up to their customers'
     indignation at the information contained in the continuing Snowden
     leak saga.  "I appreciate that the consumer-centric IT firms that you
     referenced [Yahoo, Google, Microsoft] that it's important to
     grandstand a bit, and waive their arms and protest loudly so as not to
     offend the sensibility of their customers," Stratton said.

 - - -

I'm uncharacteristically speechless.  The lawsuits are entirely
appropriate.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein