[ NNSquad ] NATO Allies Helped Collect European Phone Records

NATO Allies Helped Collect European Phone Records

http://j.mp/17rf0hw  (TIME)

   "The assertions by reporters in France (Le Monde), Spain (El Mundo),
    and Italy (L'Espresso) that NSA collected tens of millions of phone
    calls are completely false," said Gen. Keith Alexander, in testimony
    before the House Intelligence Committee. "To be perfectly clear, this
    is not information that we collected on European citizens. It
    represents information that we and our NATO allies have collected in
    defense of our countries and in support of military operations."
    Alexander said that the media outlets and their source "did not
    understand what they were looking at."

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein