[ NNSquad ] How a grad student trying to build the first botnet brought the Internet [sic] to its knees

How a grad student trying to build the first botnet brought the
Internet [sic] to its knees

http://j.mp/16sIqZF  (Washington Post)

    On November 3, 1988, 25 years ago this Sunday, people woke up to find
    the Internet had changed forever. The night before, someone had
    released a malevolent computer program on the fledgling computer
    network. By morning, thousands of computers had become clogged with
    numerous copies of a computer "worm," a program that spread from
    computer to computer much like a biological infection.

 - - -

I remember this day in 1988 very well. But really, this was an ARPANET
worm at that time, and I'm disappointed to see that ARPANET was not
mentioned even once in this story. A bit of sloppiness by the Post,
at the least.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein