[ NNSquad ] AT&T offers a discount on Gigabit Internet, if you let them monitor your Web activity!

AT&T offers a discount on Gigabit Internet, if you let them monitor
your Web activity!

http://j.mp/1h060R1  (Ars Technica)

   "GigaOm asked AT&T if it plans to use deep packet inspection to deliver
    the ads. AT&T's response was as follows:  We use various methods to
    collect web browsing information, and we are currently reviewing the
    methods we may use for the Internet Preferences program. Whichever
    method is used, we will not collect information from secure (https) or
    otherwise encrypted sites, such as online banking or when a credit
    card is used to buy something online on a secure site. And we won't
    sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason."

 - - -

Might as well just send it directly to NSA. OOPS, AT&T already pretty
much does, apparently.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein