[ NNSquad ] Now You Can't Really Block Anyone on Twitter

Now You Can't Really Block Anyone on Twitter

http://j.mp/1foCu6U  (Mashable)

    But that didn't wash with many users who'd experienced real harassment
    on the service. "This is a huge and very serious problem for people,
    like me, who have received repeated rape and death threats on Twitter
    on a fairly consistent basis," wrote Zerlina Maxwell, a prominent
    feminist activist, analyst and writer, in a Change.org petition
    demanding Twitter restore the blocking function.  "I utilize the Block
    button almost every day," Maxwell added. "While that is not a perfect
    solution - because users can simply log out to view your timeline even
    if you have blocked them - it at least forbid harassers from following
    you, and at worst retweeting you into their feed, which can simply
    allow their followers to also harass you ... Twitter should not be in
    the business of making it easier to stalk someone."

 - - -

On balance, a seriously shortsighted and boneheaded move by Twitter.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein