[ NNSquad ] RSA denies secret NSA relationship to weaken crypto

RSA denies secret NSA relationship to weaken crypto

http://j.mp/1fT6AQ1  (RSA)

   "Recent press coverage has asserted that RSA entered into a "secret
    contract" with the NSA to incorporate a known flawed random number
    generator into its BSAFE encryption libraries.  We categorically deny
    this allegation.  We have worked with the NSA, both as a vendor and an
    active member of the security community. We have never kept this
    relationship a secret and in fact have openly publicized it. Our
    explicit goal has always been to strengthen commercial and government
    security.  Key points about our use of Dual EC DRBG in BSAFE are as
    follows: ..."

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein