[ NNSquad ] Google: Email security transparency report // Making end-to-end email crypto easier

Google: Email security transparency report // Making end-to-end email crypto easier

>>> Transparency Report: Protecting emails as they travel across the web <<<

(Google Official Blog): http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/transparency-report-protecting-emails.html

    "But some email is more secure than others. So to help you better
     understand whether your emails are protected by encryption, we're
     launching a new section in the Transparency Report."

>>> Making end-to-end encryption easier to use <<<

(Google Online Security Blog): http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2014/06/making-end-to-end-encryption-easier-to.html

    "Your security online has always been a top priority for us, and
     we're constantly working to make sure your data is safe. For
     example, Gmail supported HTTPS when it first launched and now
     always uses an encrypted connection when you check or send email
     in your browser. We warn people in Gmail and Chrome when we have
     reason to believe they're being targeted by bad actors. We also
     alert you to malware and phishing when we find it. Today, we're
     adding to that list the alpha version of a new tool. It's called
     End-to-End and it's a Chrome extension intended for users who
     need additional security beyond what we already provide.
     End-to-end encryption means data leaving your browser will be
     encrypted until the message's intended recipient decrypts it, and
     that similarly encrypted messages sent to you will remain that
     way until you decrypt them in your browser."

 - - -

Personal note to intelligence agencies: Perhaps upsetting Google isn't
such a great idea. Just sayin' ...

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein