[ NNSquad ] EFF: The FCC and Net Neutrality: A Way Forward

The FCC and Net Neutrality: A Way Forward

(EFF): https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/06/fcc-and-net-neutrality-way-forward

    So that leads us back to the FCC. While Congress does its work,
    antitrust lawyers weigh options, and Internet users work to promote
    competition, empower community solutions, and ensure transparency, the
    FCC can be acting to enforce a few rules of the road that target the
    non-neutral behavior we're already beginning to see from Internet
    service providers.  We want to be very, very clear: the FCC's
    regulatory role should be narrow and firmly bounded. Network
    neutrality rules should be limited to specific prohibitions-such as
    blocking, discrimination among applications and prohibiting special
    access fees-potentially combined with a renewed "open access"
    requirement that would foster local competition, and no more.
    Luckily, the FCC has a way to bind itself and thereby limit its own
    regulatory reach. It's called "forbearance."

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein