[ NNSquad ] Re: Comments on NNSquad Purpose

Brett,

With all due respect of course,

Filesharing in and of itself is neither abusive, nor unlawful. Plain and
simple.  That's a glass of poisoned koolaid none of us should drink
around here.

Neither is it against Comcast (or Verizon's) ToS, or AUP. They (comcast
and others) only forbid transmission of copyrighted materials for which
you have no right of redistribution. (e.g. sharing linux distribution
ISO's are perfectly legal, as are numerous "free of restrictions" video
and music files)

http://www.comcast.net/terms/use.jsp?cookieattempt=1

http://www.verizon.net/policies/popups/tos_popup.asp

Yes, there are plenty of users out there who do violate those terms, but
I along with many others, do not.  I don't think it's fair to the
community to classify one particular application as harmful or unlawful.

Comcast's *forging* of packets goes much further than throttling of
bandwidth (Optimum online and plenty of other ISP's will throttle your
overall speed in general if you're a heavy user on their network but
most don't send forged packets falsely indicating the other end of the
connection has vanished).

VoIP generally needs no prioritization, unless congestion exists in the
network.

Cheers,
andy