[ NNSquad ] Re: Moving the discussion onward ...

Agreed. Nearly all of the recent attention of the media that was directed towards network neutrality was a direct result of Comcast getting caught corrupting traffic. While discussing semantics and definitions has its merits, it's only self serving.

What is needed is more negative media attention directed at the big providers. This is easily accomplished by finding more network neutrality violations.

Some tools need to be developed and network resources pooled, then it is possible to catalogue all ISP traffic modification. Perhaps even fingerprinting and listing the equipment that every major ISP uses.

Once there is a list of everything that ISPs are doing to different types of traffic, then the definition of "network neutrality" no longer matters. It's all a matter of assigning good/bad labels to each behavior and getting the word out to the public and policy makers :)

--Sean