[ NNSquad ] Re: Definitions: "Network Neutrality" (and " National Security ")

On Sunday 11 November 2007 18:50, Robb Topolski wrote:
> Someone else could contribute a way to see if their DNS queries are being
> mishandled (e.g. Verizon).

I did experience that particular issue here.

I ran across some mention of that on a forum referenced in here,  I believe it
was dslreports.com?  Anyhow that nonsense was apparently tested first over
some limited area in the midwest and then deployed over large areas after
that.

I also found out how to fix it.  I just changed the last octet for the two
nameserver lines in my /etc/resolv.conf file (I run linux here) from 12 to 14
in both cases,  and now that has ceased to be an issue with me.

During the interval between when I'd become aware of it and when I'd fixed it
I also emailed Verizon's customer service about it,  and complained that
those redirects were annoying.  I did finally get a response after the fix
had been done,  pointing me toward their web site and toll-free number,  both
about equally useless and the latter in particular being a major waste of my
time,  and I told 'em that,  too.

Why can't a bloody internet company have somebody you can _email_ directly?  I
don't need the stupid machine that insists that you talk to it and the
recordings telling me how important my call is.  In response to the
boilerplate in their message saying something about how much they valued my
business mine was "prove it,  please"...

-
M Dakin