[ NNSquad ] Re: Selected comments on the FCC case

Brett,

It seems to me that the remarks below seem to be based on a mis- statement of the neutrality debate. I don't think anyone in the neutrality corner is saying you can't manage your network. They are not saying you cannot allow prioritization. They are not saying you can't charge more for higher capacity. They ARE saying that these services should be equally accessible to all application service providers, where ever situated and that providers of the underlying resource should not be able to use this situation to favor their own application traffic over that of other application providers. Users have a reasonable expectation that the broadband access they pay for should give non-discriminatory access to any application service provider. Note that this does not even say "equal access" since a remote application provider may itself have capacity limits about which the local broadband access provider can do nothing.

vint