[ NNSquad ] Re: Selected comments on the FCC case

let me just take up one point about abuse.

If you were protecting against DOS, I would agree. If you are protecting against email spam, I would agree that it makes sense for you to do that for the email service that YOU offer but that deep packet inspection to detect spam at the packet layer is not appropriate nor perhaps even desired by subscribers to email services other than the broadband ISP's. For example, I use coxnet cable but email service comes from others. I would not like coxnet to examine my email traffic to "protect" against spam. I would expect to get this service, if desired, from my email service provider.

vint