[ NNSquad ] SavetheInternet.com staff briefing in the House Commerce Committee

Today, we held a staff briefing in the House Commerce Committee as part of a series of events (Open Internet Week) we convened in Washington.

Comcast was a topic of much interest as was AT&T's plans to filter Web traffic.

Follows are some clips. If people are interested, there's more video from this and a Senate briefing on spectrum:

Tim

=   =   =   =   =
CLIP 1:  Columbia Law Prof. Tim Wu talks about Net Neutrality and AT&T monopoly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s7dJxDSHMk

=   =   =   =   =
CLIP 2:  Why is the debate over an open Internet happening now? Ben Scott of Free Press, Tim Wu of Columbia Law School and Marvin Ammori of Free Press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Veymbduq8c

=   =   =   =   =
CLIP 3:  Answering a staffer question about AT&T's expectations of a return on investment for building "last mile" infrastructure to deliver broadband to homes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V75GoPFWqd4

=   =   =   =   =
CLIP 4: Free Press General Counsel Marvin Ammori speaks on Comcast's ongoing blocking of content-sharing applications such as BitTorrent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc2RfCWqptQ

Timothy Karr
Campaign Director
Free Press
www.freepress.net
201.533.8838

The National Conference for Media Reform
June 6-8, 2008 :: Minneapolis
www.freepress.net/conference