[ NNSquad ] As predicted: The BitTorrent vs. "traffic shaping" arms race

As predicted, P2P extensions to thwart ISP "traffic shaping" and
"RST injections" are in development.  We can assume that ISPs will
attempt to deploy countermeasures, then the P2P folks will ratchet
up another level, and ... well, we may well end up with the Internet
version of the Cold War's wasteful and dangerous Mutally Assured
Destruction (MAD).  There's gotta be a better way, folks.

     "The goal of this new type of encryption (or obfuscation) is to
      prevent ISPs from blocking or disrupting BitTorrent traffic
      connections that span between the receiver of a tracker response and
      any peer IP-port appearing in that tracker response, according to
      the proposal.

      This extension directly addresses a known attack on the BitTorrent
      protocol performed by some deployed network hardware."

http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-devs-introduce-comcast-busting-encryption-080215/