[ NNSquad ] TV's Transition to the Internet ... vs. Bandwidth

Greetings.  This "Los Angeles Times" article:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-webtv18feb18,0,5939575.story

is typical of many which discuss a possible future of vast Internet-delivered
television programming, but neglect to mention a key issue -- how would
ISPs react -- some of whom would be in direct competition with such
programming from outside sources -- as bandwidth requirements increase?

Whether we're talking about a P2P user or a family of four each
watching a different HD-equivalent channel, odds are that in the
relatively near future, the typical consumer data usage pattern will
exhibit a much higher level of continuous Internet access
utilization than we see today.

Since the local cable or phone company would obviously prefer that
you watch TV via their own video service offerings, are we heading
toward an inevitable clash between ISP Internet bandwidth
management/caps and a vastly expanded universe of competing high
data rate external video choices?