[ NNSquad ] Re: FCC paths to Internet network management? (from IP)

At 10:48 PM 2/28/2008, Lauren Weinstein wrote:

>Brett Glass says: "Sixth, there should be no obfuscation of P2P."
>
>Bzzzz!  Sorry, no can do, at least if we're talking about some sort
>of enforced ban.  I'm personally not a user of P2P currently, but I
>reserve the right to encrypt any or all of my Internet traffic for
>security and privacy purposes as I see fit, and most security
>consultants worth their salt recommend encrypting as much as
>possible, given the nature of the Internet today.

Encrypt the content if you will, but if you try to obfuscate the
fact that you are DOING P2P, in violation of a contract you made
with your ISP, you are being dishonest. And if you announce from
the start your intent to be dishonest, then there can never be
a truce, much less a mutually beneficial agreement. And you will
be exactly the kind of customer whom we will be glad to send
packing. We like doing business honestly, with honest people.

--Brett Glass