[ NNSquad ] Re: Peering dispute cuts off Sprint<->Cogent Internet traffic

On Nov 2, 2008, at 4:19 PM, nick hatch wrote:

As of about an hour ago, it appears that Cogent/Sprint have re- peered. I haven't heard any other details, but I sure would love to know who blinked.

http://www.internetpulse.net/

https://www.sprint.net/cogent.php

"As part of an interim solution, Sprint initiated a temporary reconnection to the Cogent network on Sunday, November 2nd so that customers would have temporary access while longer-term alternate and permanent access options are explored."

It sounds like they disconnected just long enough to show that they are serious.

In general, NANOG is the place to watch on this topic: http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/

Wes Felter - wesley@felter.org - http://felter.org/wesley/