[ NNSquad ] [dave@farber.net: [IP] Re: MUST READ -- Allow president "emergency powers" to turn off internet access?]

  [ And I agree with "David and David" 100% on this.
    Or to use film classic vernacular, "We don't need no stinkin' badges."

----- Forwarded message from David Farber <dave@farber.net> -----

Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 09:31:06 -0400
From: David Farber <dave@farber.net>
Subject: [IP] Re:   MUST READ -- Allow president "emergency powers" to turn
	off internet access?
To: ip <ip@v2.listbox.com>

I completely agree with David. My first reaction to this certification
program was  "here we go yet again". Remember back to the days when Texas
was proposing a certification program -- -- eight professional engineer
accreditation for software engineers. Most people I know sort was a very
bad idea since the field itself was difficult to define   more or less
test.

I would argue that a decent computer science undergraduate degree with an
advanced course or two in computer security would provide a much much
better training than any certification program.

Dave

Begin forwarded message: