[ NNSquad ] Apple's New Stance On 'Cookie Cutter' Apps: Add More Features Or Perish

http://bit.ly/bjSz6R  (Washington Post)

While I do agree that you shouldn't write an app when HTML would do better
it's still heavy-handed for Apple to make the decision as they act as the
stern parent.

   [ I have a radical suggestion.  How about letting the *users*
     decide what they do or don't want to run?  Works just
     fine with Android.

     Oh, the horror of putting some faith in your customers!

     By the way, that Washington Post article really would be improved
     through the use of the modern innovation of paragraph breaks ...