[ NNSquad ] GOP Presidential hopeful: Eliminate all government services you can find via Google (+ response)

GOP Presidential hopeful: Eliminate all government services you
can find via Google (+ response)
http://j.mp/l2dJXH  (This message on Google Buzz)

 - - -

http://j.mp/lg8ViX  (CNN)

    "Among his [Tim Pawlenty's] more novel ideas: If you can find it
     on Google, the government shouldn't be doing it.  "We can start
     by applying what I call 'The Google Test.' If you can find a good
     or service on the Internet, then the federal government probably
     doesn't need to be doing it," Pawlenty said.  Among the services
     he would cut: Amtrak, the U.S. Postal Service, Fannie Mae and
     Freddie Mac and the Government Printing Office."

Tim Pawlenty's failing Google Test

http://j.mp/ihCwFx  (Washington Post)

     "Do you know what is on Google?  EVERYTHING ON THIS PLANET!  Here
      is a diagram I made earlier ...  Maybe the government has gotten
      too big. But there are some things that it would feel wrong to
      get from the private sector, like blather, apologies, or
      resolutions declaring Appreciation and Awareness Days."

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google Buzz: http://j.mp/laurenbuzz