[ NNSquad ] STRATFOR security breach

STRATFOR security breach

http://j.mp/sZ21Qj  (Huffington)

   "LONDON - Hackers on Sunday claimed to have stolen a raft of e-mails
    and credit card data from U.S.-based security think tank Stratfor,
    promising it was just the start of a weeklong Christmas-inspired
    assault on a long list of targets.  One alleged hacker said the goal
    was to use the credit data to steal a million dollars and give it away
    as Christmas donations."

 - - -

This is the text of the message STRATFOR has been sending out, though
it has been received by various parties without a known relationship
to STRATFOR, at least directly:

Dear Stratfor Member,

We have learned that Stratfor's web site was hacked by an unauthorized
party. As a result of this incident the operation of Stratfor's
servers and email have been suspended.

We have reason to believe that the names of our corporate subscribers
have been posted on other web sites. We are diligently investigating
the extent to which subscriber information may have been obtained.

Stratfor and I take this incident very seriously. Stratfor's
relationship with its members and, in particular, the confidentiality
of their subscriber information, are very important to Stratfor and
me. We are working closely with law enforcement in their investigation
and will assist them with the identification of the individual(s) who
are responsible.

Although we are still learning more and the law enforcement
investigation is active and ongoing, we wanted to provide you with
notice of this incident as quickly as possible. We will keep you
updated regarding these matters.

Sincerely,

George Friedman

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com