[ NNSquad ] "The Un-Internet"

"The Un-Internet"

http://j.mp/uuL20r  (Scripting)

  "This time around, Apple has been the leader in the push to control
   users. They say they're protecting users, and to some extent that is
   true. I can download software onto my iPad feeling fairly sure that
   it's not going to harm the computer. I wouldn't mind what Apple was
   doing if that's all they did, keep the nasty bits off my computer. But
   of course, that's not all they do. Nor could it be all they do. Once
   they took the power to decide what software could be distributed on
   their platform, it was inevitable that speech would be restricted too.
   I think of the iPad platform as Disneyfied. You wouldn't see anything
   there that you wouldn't see in a Disney theme park or in a Pixar
   movie."

Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://vortex.com/g+lauren